“Why should I pay to attend natural hair event?”I get this question often and I love to answer it. I believe attending natural hair events is necessary for your journey. There are many positive benefits to attending a natural hair event. Most natural hair events are designed for all naturals including; new/transitioning naturals, rookies, straight naturals, naturals who wear hair weave, product junkies, those who are thinking about giving up the harmful chemicals from relaxers, etc. The opportunities are endless and these sort of events are empowering.
- Connections: Meet ladies who will inspire you to keep going on your journey. Attending events as a blogger/vlogger can exposed you to; collaborating opportunities, product placement on your blog, get exposure and be featured on social media accounts or other blogs, etc.
- Discover Salon & Professionals: Although one of the major benefits to being natural is doing your own hair, it’s very important to have a good professional styles in your “favorite five”. Yes!!! Finding the right natural hair stylist you can trust can be difficult. Personally, I believed having a natural hair stylist is NECESSARY for your healthy hair journey. Doing your own hair or calling your friend who can braid is not alway the best idea. Attending natural hair events can expose you to local professional stylist and this is a great way to find someone who fits our needs.
- Meet Your Favorite Bloggers: I love to learn. Bloggers and YouTubers are good resource; however, you may not have the opportunity to meet your favorite blogger or YouTuber without attending a Natural Hair event/show. These events can be a one-stop-shop for all of your favorite bloggers/vloggers and get the opportunity to discover new brands — It’s always great to add a name & face to a social media handle.
- Education: The more you know and understand about your hair journey the more successful you will be when it comes to getting the results you want. “YouTube University” is not enough. Getting first hand training and knowledge from a professional and enthusiast will help you on your journey. Natural hair meet-ups, expos, and shows allow you to learn about products directly from the brands and the real people who use them. Attending a hands-on classes/seminars will expand your hair experience and not just “hope the style turns out right” especially when trying something new.
- Inspiration: It’s not often that you can go to one place to get inspiration and encouragement for your next protective style, cut/color, and products suggestions. Natural hair events highlight new styles and products.
- Save money: I attended an event and was able to get my Q-Redew, a nice discount, and avoid shipping. Not only can you get discounted items, FREE product are usually available as well. Many events are sponsored by up-and-coming brands and some of your favorites this is a great way to get free products. Just about every event I have attended included swag bag filled with products and coupons!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM EVENTS I HAVE ATTENDED
LIVING NO LYE TOUR CHICAGO | SUNDAY OCTOBER 25, 2015 WWW.IAMTEAMNATURAL.COM
Constance Cash, founder of Team Natural hosted a fantastic event. The room was filled with bloggers, vloggers, industry professionals, and hair and fashion vendors. Not only did I have the pleasure of attending the Living No Lye Tour held in Chicago, I was also featured on Essence.com “Hair Street Style: Curly Hair Straight from the Windy City”. I was both an attendee and a photographer. Check out some of my favorite photos.
This event was fantastic as I spent time mingling with Chicago’s naturalistas; the event was so informational. There were three main workshop/presentations facilitated by BlackHair101 and Sister Scientist. Both of them went in detail of hair care and biological side of how are hair grows. I learned so much about how to build a proper regimen and why certain products may or may not be working properly. MsVaughnTV taught us how to create an easy yet super natural up-do that can serve as protective or for a special occasion.
NATURALLY FLYY DETROIT PRESENTS: WE ROCK DOPE HAIR! A NATURAL HAIR EXPERIENCE | SATURDAY, MAY 16, 2015 | FACEBOOK.COM/NATURALLYFLYYDETROIT
with Chary Jay YouTuber
I had so much fun at this event! It was awesome summer day and included Product & Swap Table, Pop-up Beauty Salon, Natural Hair Panel Discussion with styling tips, hair care, hair color & more. There were tons of giveaways thought-provoking Poetry and a Live DJ. I was also able to meet a few bloggers. Check out my YouTube Channel for photos and video clips.
NATURAL HAIR, HEALTH AND BEAUTY EXPO PRESENTED BY EMBRACE THE NATURAL YOU | SATURDAY, JULY 11, 2015 | WWW.EMBRACETHENATURALYOU.COM
with Jouelzy creator of the #SmartBrownGirl Movement
The expo featured Jenell B. Stewart, the Award Winning Editor of , and one of my favorites bloggers, Jouelzy creator of the #SmartBrownGirl Movement, just to name a few. This is where I discovered EverButter; a wonderful hair care company. I also discovered Lipstick Cult and awesome lipstick created my two Midwest fashionistas . This event offered many workshops including Caring for Your Little Girls Kinks, Coils & Curls, What is the The #SmartBrownGirl Movement, and more. Check out my YouTube channel for my Embrace The Natural You Expo – Haul.